Buildings use large amounts of energy and resources. Tap into yours for significant savings.
- Use LEED or other sustainable building standards to guide building projects
- Install energy efficient heating, cooling, lighting, windows and other equipment
- Increase insulation and seal air leaks in the building envelop
- Improve indoor air circulation
- Use paints, fixtures and furniture that do not emit volatile organic compounds or other toxins
- Use sustainably harvested lumber and recycled content building materials
- Use water efficient equipment and practices
- Develop eco industrial parks- a concept that consists of a series of businesses linked not only by proximity but by production inputs and outputs
Members of the Sustainable Business Council offer a wide variety of sustainable products and services to help you in this quest.
U.S. Green Building Council, developers of LEED certification